Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday morning thoughts...

It's Sunday morning, and the sting of UNCW's loss on Thursday night has finally worn off. I think the fact that we had some excellent games to watch yesterday might've helped matters. Today should be no different, with plenty of outstanding ballgames to choose from.

One match-up, in particular, stands out as being interesting because of a side story. The North Carolina Tar Heels take on the George Mason Patriots, with a trip to the Sweet 16 on the line. What makes it interesting is that George Mason has an assistant coach named Scott Cherry, who played for Carolina during the 1993 championship season. Yep...a former Tar Heel is on the coaching staff of a team trying to end their season.

It seems as though the in-state media is already all over this story. I was watching WRAL's news yesterday and Cherry was the guy who had the microphones in his face, not head coach Jim Larranaga. Cherry just gave the stock answer on how he loves Carolina but he's a George Mason Patriot now.

Brackets. Mine is a steaming pile of crap. Let's review. I've lost one of my Final Four teams (Kansas), three of my Elite 8 teams (Kansas, Iowa, Michigan State), so far, I've lost 6 of my Sweet 16 teams. Yep. I'm sucking pretty badly. Of course, if we wind up getting Duke vs. UConn in the finals, I may not be in as bad shape as I thought.

Wilmington's Bracket isn't doing much better. I'm going to post a link to the bracket on am630.net so everyone can log in and check on the status. I'll give you a quick preview. It isn't any better than mine.

Ever hear of a cat who plays fetch? My cat does. His name is Bobcat, named after the basketball team, and he loves to play fetch. He's actually bugging me right now as I type this. He has this purple/red/blue fuzzy ball, that's about the size of a golf ball. He'll chase that damn thing around the house all day long and he couldn't be happier doing it.

Well, I'm starting to get a little hungry. Time to go find something to eat. Everyone have a great rest of your weekend. I'll be back on with Kolby on Monday. Later!

5 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jaybird said...

I'm ready for baseball, not wbc. The hawks, and heels out and I am still stunned. Maybe a ACC team will win and the big east teams will lose. The cards are looking good this spring training. They have a good problem to have. Three good pitchers fighting for 1 spot. A. Wainwright,A.Reyes, S.Ponson for the # 5 spot in the rotation. All of them are pitching well in spring training. I am ready for baseball and you guys should have a baseball league like the Fantsy football league you guys did last year.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jaybird said...

Thats cool too Gregz, I'm in 4 already and I do one with ESPN, and I love them. I play all fansty sports but hockey,soccer. I evan like the one this year with fantsy football on the ESPN radio web site. It was a better format than espn's fansty football. I like fantsy basball better than any other fantsy game, because baseball is so long and having a fansty team sure does help the dog days go by.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jaybird said...

All right TJ, I took your advice and created a league. You going man up and join! The league is called wmfd krunch time league.Its 12 team head to head live draft format, both NL, AL. Its on yahoo free fansty baseball. Any body thats wants to try to beat me can try thier luck, GregZ,Kolby, etc. The time for the league is March 27 2:15pm on a monday of next week. The # is 266859 for league mangers. The pass word is jaybird

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Jaybird said...

one more thing when you go to league press custom league and put the # in 266859, then jaybird. I cant wait to hear the excuses why I cant get the chance beat you guys.just joking really

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jaybird said...

TJ I am sorry I cant wright a post on your message board for the fantsy league. I am not that bad with computers, just look at my blog. I dont know what I am doing wrong, please help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home