Friday, March 10, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year

There are probably three or four times a year that, as a sports fan, are Heaven on Earth. This weekend is one of those, no doubt. The ACC Basketball Tournament is in full swing, and as I type this, Duke and Miami are in a dog fight, in what will be the first of four tournament games today.

But the ACC Tournament isn't the ONLY one going on. Oh, no. You also have the Big Ten, the SEC, the Pac-10, the A-10, the MAC. It's enough to drive women everywhere to the mall to leave their sports fan men alone. Speaking of which, that isn't a bad idea. I think I'll suggest Aimee pay a visit to the mall tomorrow and Sunday.

Sunday, by the way, is a big day for UNCW fans. A big Selection Show Party is planned at Trask Coliseum that evening, as we all wait to see who the Seahawks will play in the first round. After speaking with the powers that be here at work, I'm about 99% sure I'll be able to make the trip, wherever they wind up. Covering an NCAA Tournament is so much fun! You get to see college basketball teams from all over the map, all in one day, all on one court. Seperate times though, but you already knew that.

The folks at Toyota of Wilmington have given Kolby and myself cars to drive for the weekend. The deal is that we drive it, then come back and talk about it on Monday. The car I got was a brand new 2006 4Runner, and it is NICE! I kind of want to test it out on the North End at Carolina Beach, but somehow, I don't think they'd appreciate that too much. I'll let you guys know what I think of the car on the show Monday.

Well folks...that's it from me for now. Enjoy the weekend of games. I suspect I'll probably write a new entry here after getting to watch some of the games myself. It sucks, being stuck here at work until 5 this evening. Cough, cough. I think I may feel a cold coming on. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jaybird said...

yeah TJ it is a great weekend indeed. We got alot of good games on this weekend.I hope we see marland do some damage, so maybe the ACC will get 5 teams in, because I dont think FSU in. My weekend consist of playing golf in the mourning and watching basketball the rest of the day. Any time you and kolby want to play golf at Angel trace golf course for free let me know. I went to school for horticulture and worked there to be able run a golf course, and I still have pull there. I play there about every weekend with my grandfather and my best friend, so there is usally 1 or 2 spot avaible. If kolby goes I will let him take my best friends spot, since he gets hooked up every weekend. I am not trying to suck up, because you guys are just average joe's, but if you want to play and talk some sports, just ask or get in contact with me. I will not ask again, because I dont want to overstep my boundries ,so if you guys get time on a weekend, I would love to treat both of you to around of golf on me. It is the least I can do for keeping me enlighten on sports for 4 hours a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home