Friday, March 17, 2006

Krunch Time at the NCAA Tournament - Move Out Day

8:33AM -
I hate it when seasons end the way they did last night. I realize that as a member of the media, I'm supposed to be impartial. But I know these kids. I've covered them for a long time. I was there to see, in person, both NCAA Tournament Games in John Goldsberry, Beckham Wyrick, and Mitch Laue's career. I was rooting for them. And I am just as disappointed as most of you Seahawk fans are.

One thing I'm going to have to get used to in this business is dealing with when a team you cover loses a tough game. Right now, I feel like I would had the Buffalo Bills lost a heartbreaker. (Yeah...like THAT'S never happened!) Eventually, I suppose, I'll get numb to it. That's what everyone else in this business tells me.

Well, I'm going downstairs to check out of the hotel, then head home. I added some pictures of the Duke-Southern game on our website, www.am630.net. I was sitting pretty close to the action and got some really good ones. See you back in Wilmington!

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is with a heavy heart that I start my day. I was awake most of the night thinking about the come back. All I can think of is that GW turned it up a notch and got a few breaks with back to back turnovers. The Seahawks played a good game, with some mistakes that turned out to be costly. Both teams were well matched in skill and that made for a great game! I really thought that the overtime would end different, but...
TJ, great job again with the blogs and coverage of the tourney. I, too wish that you could have stayed longer. Can't wait to hear you back on the radio! GO HAWKS!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ, now that is what I call blanket coverage, good job! Unlike the tv broadcast of the game, you didn't cut out 1/2 way through the second half. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home